[other parts of this series] After the breadboard version of the circuit was proven to be functional and the software I came up with was working I decided to use KiCAD to make useful schematics and design my own PCB that I can use in my Nixie Tube SoundCloud Play-Counter project. There is a really […]
[other parts of this series] Next I had to come up with some Arduino methods that would take a number and make a series of 0s and 1s out of it and then output those through the pins of my chip to the shift registers that are switching the Nixie digits on and off. This […]
[other parts of this series] The first thing I did was go on eBay and buy twelve cheap Nixie IN-12A tubes. They don’t have the decimal point like the IN-12B but I don’t need it. Then I watched Dave’s EEVBlog videos again quite a few times and I was able to screen capture his schematics […]
This is my very first multimeter. I bought it in 1990 when I was 14 years old. Back then it cost DM50,- (Deutsche Mark in West Germany). It still works, though I don’t really use it anymore. Its best feature is its instant continuity buzzer. Today I use a Fluke 177 and the EEVblog multimeter.
Testing Tentacles to synchronize via Timecode the video files of my Canon 5D Mark III DSLR to the sound files of my Tascam HD-P2 audio recorder. The camera doesn’t have a TC input, so I record it to the mic input on one of the camera’s audio tracks. The HD-P2 however has a real TC […]
This year for christmas I built a nice coat rack as a present for my sister. I thought I’d just share the idea. It’s actually really simple. All you need is a wooden board some nice-looking hooks a decorative piece of fabric or a photo that is a little larger than the piece of wood […]
The other day I got my two Opera Live 210 active PA speakers out and I noticed that in one of them only the tweeter was working. Oh no! So I decided to take it apart since it is way too old to be eligible for warranty. I was really surprised how well designed they […]
Because the Vandal’s spur gear always drags in the dirt when racing this awesome car it is subject to significant wear. To protect it a little bit from the sand I cut out a tiny piece of plastic that I glued to the bottom of the chassis frame with some CA and then covered it […]
After my first ride with the Vandal yesterday, the front wheels had lost power. I figured something must gone wrong with the front diff. So today I opened up the Vandal and discovered, the screw that holds the drive shaft to the gear box simply had come loose.
I created two pics of the Quanum Vandal for use as a model symbol in the FrSky Taranis Transmitter. Feel free to download and use them yourself!